Istituto Marangoni Miami
Dean of Fashion
Jul 2017 – present
This role consists of the management and coordination of the Teaching staff and program portfolio of the Miami School while guaranteeing quality and continuity to the standards of excellence required.
• Provide teaching and support commercial activities
• Be responsible for the definition and update of the academic portfolio of programs delivered by the Miami School
• Develop, supervise and manage the academic team of the school and ensure that the teaching and learning mirror Istituto Marangoni’s philosophy
• Work closely with Istituto Marangoni’s Group Director of Education and fellow Education Directors in sister Schools to maintain the highest level of commonality across the programs offered by the Istituto Marangoni Group
• Work closely with the School Director to guarantee a high standard of teacher provision of all courses,
including local and European teachers
• Work closely with Admission Marketing & Business development of Miami School for the preparation and engagement by themselves and fellow tutors in promotion activities: open days, trial lessons, seminars, etc…
• Work on the documentation necessary to obtain the final license from the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) as well as work on the accreditation process for the Miami School.
Istituto Marangoni London
Programme Leader BA (Hons) Fashion Design
Mar 2015 – Jun 2017
Manage the teaching staff in the successful delivery of the academic portfolio and co-ordinating the activity of unit coordinators.
Lead and championed the London academic teams in validation of new pathways within the programmes.
Responsible for galvanising strategy and operations in student experience, retention planning, timetable management, staff development, quality assurance and enhancement.
Lead on course validation documentation preparation and organisation of validation events in the UK, maintaining effective relationships with external stakeholders.
Senior Fashion Design Lecturer BA (Hons) Fashion Design and MA Course
Jan 2004 – Mar 2015
BA (Hons) Fashion Design programme, including organising, teaching and assessing modules, ensuring student support, undertaking academic and externally facing duties, and contributing to curriculum development in the area of Fashion Design.
Teaching design and illustration, trend research, forecasting, analysis and development of a collection.
I help the students put their final collections together, by helping them with the concept research, textile research and collection development both for the fashion show and to create a commercial collection.
Fashion co-ordinator of graduation fashion shows, supporting students to prepare their work for exhibition and for presentation to employers. Contributed in getting our show organized and ready for our first participation in GFW.
As part of my job at the Istituto Marangoni I also liaise with companies and develop projects for my Master Fashion Design students. Together with the companies we write work projects that help the students develop their design skills and be able to experience first hand the reality of working hand in hand with a designer. This is a great opportunity for me to channel my horizon to new companies that then offer internships as well as job positions to my students. Some of the companies I have worked with and am still collaborating with are: Tom Ford, Erdem, Richard Nicolls, English National Ballet, WGSN and many more